Who was that handsome, absorbing man?
Who's the most absorbing super hero ever?
It's not SpongeBob.
It's Bath Towel Man.
Stronger than a roll of two-ply bath tissue.
Faster than an open faucet.
Able to leap giant puddles with a single splash.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1 Bath towel
1 Hand towel (matching color)
2 Washcloths, (contrasting colors)
Loop and hook strips
Your kid's ability to suspend disbelief
HELPFUL BUT NOT NECESSARY
A computer printout of a giant letter
The ability to suspend disbelief
WHAT I DID
First I stared off into space for a very long time.
Then I looked online for instructions.
Finding none that matched my mind's snapshot, I resumed staring into space.
I got a really bad idea and ran with it:
*PIN your letter template to a washcloth and cut it out (I, of course, winged it).
*Next SEW the washcloth letter to the other washcloth with a straight stitch, and then zig-zag stitch all around the inside and outside edges of the letter.
*Then SEW the washcloth insignia to the bath towel. (Mine was all askew, you'll get it centered.)
*Take a hand towel and FOLD it over length-wise about two and a half inches and sew. (This will be the collar.).
* CUT the remainder of the hand towel away so you have a long strip.
* Take the bath towel and SPREAD it out over a table.
* LAY the hand towel piece about seven inches from the top.
* GATHER the bath towel in so that the ends of the hand towel piece extends slightly past the edges of the cape.
* SEW the hand towel to the bath towel
* AFFIX loop and hook strips to the "collar"
That's it. Put it on and you are ready to absorb water droplets everywhere.