Friday, January 2, 2009

TMI Friday


Adrienne (matuko amini of Flickr) tagged me with a little randomness.

If you've been around here most Thursdays, you know I have a love for the random.

So … here it is … 16 random things about me:

1) I have had a nervous habit of picking my eyelashes since the time I was in fourth grade. I try to circumvent it by wearing too much mascara. I usually wind up with black-stained fingertips.

2) I remember where I was and what I was doing the first time it occurred to me that the world was a frightening place: I was four years old, listening to the news on the car radio in Washington, D.C. The story was about a mother who had killed her children.

3) I was 35 when I decided I actually liked broccoli. I was 34 when I learned I liked spinach.

4) Every time I eat at a restaurant that has lamb on the menu I order it … and then I realize that I’m not a huge fan of lamb.

5) I hardly EVER notice when people lose weight. Well, I notice but I can’t pinpoint what it is about them that looks different. I think maybe it’s the hair … maybe they got taller. … maybe they’re wearing glasses.

6) I passed my driver’s test on the first try. I was shocked. The woman who administered the test seemed unhappy at every turn (literally).

7) I like the color combination of pink and orange. Yeah, shocks me, too.

8) I don’t like drinking wine. It makes my stomach feel as if I’ve ingested a water (or wine) balloon the next day.

9) I believe in education but I don’t always believe the educated.

10) I can sing Arlo Guthrie’s “Alice’s Restaurant,” but not in four-part harmony.

11) I have 20/20 vision (when I use both eyes) … but my left eye is a little better than my right or the reverse … I can’t remember.

12) I think the word “HATE” is as fine a word as despise, loathe or detest. I think it’s perfectly acceptable to HATE when you poke yourself in the eye, or HATE when get lost when you’re looking for the bathroom. I think it’s even fine to HATE your job, although it’s probably a good idea to sharpen up your resume if that’s the case rather than sharpen up your machete. What I mean is this: actions are the problem, not the words.

13) I’m fairly certain I had the “patience of a saint” before I had children. Now I’m trying to exercise what little patience I have left.

14) I am 5’ 2” tall. I usually tell people I’m 5’ 2.5” tall (because I wear clogs).

15) I love coffee. I rarely finish a cup of coffee, despite having one with me at all times. Like a security blanket. A cold, wet, black, sugarless security blanket.

16) I can't figure out the "text messaging" feature on my cell phone. Sad. True. I can only reply to them, and the last message I sent to my husband was this: "Yes 9." (Only without punctuation ... because I don't know how to do that.)


I'm not going to tag you; but you know you want to do it ... and link back here when you do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sus said...

i LOVE pink and orange. my favorite thing: having a 3-year-old daughter who opens up all KINDS of fashion ideas for her mom. :)

love the coffee security blanket - am the same way. must have cup of half drunk warm steaminess at all times. ummmm.

January 7, 2009 at 4:40 AM 
Blogger toyfoto said...

Oh yes. My colors were black and gray before I had kids.

January 7, 2009 at 10:38 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home